Florida Sports Foundation Announces New Board Leadership
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.— Following its first quarter Board of Directors Meeting at the International Speedway Corporation in Daytona Beach on Wednesday, the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF) announced the addition of seven board members to round out its 23-member group of leadership. The new board members will provide guidance, direction, and oversight to attract, create, and host sporting events, entertainment events, and activities throughout the Sunshine State while enhancing the opportunity for all to Come Play in Florida.
FSF welcomes the additions of seven new members to its Board in 2018, compiling a wide range of influential members throughout the state of Florida. The newest members include:
- Leticia M. Adams, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Mike Dyer, Sport Marketing Independent Consultant
- Sean Flynn, The Miami Football Club; Representing Riccardo Silva/Paolo Maldini
- Frank E. Gernert, Florida General Enterprises
- Kevin B. Smith, OnPoint Sports Strategies, LLC
- Lynn W. Thompson, Bethune-Cookman University Athletics
- Keith R. Tribble, Jackson Health Foundation
Sixteen members of FSF’s Board of Directors will continue in their roles within the board, as Jesse Biter of Biter Enterprises remains the Chairman. Returning board members include:
- Jesse Biter, Biter Enterprises; Chairman
- Marcus Bach-Armas, Miami Dolphins; Representing Stephen Ross
- Pamella Dana, Sure Lure Charter Company
- Claude Delorme, Claude Delorme Miami Marlins; Representing Derek Jeter
- Jarred Diamond, Miami Heat; Representing Micky Arison
- Joanne Fava, Functional Academy of Sports Training
- Michael Forde, Orlando Magic; Representing Rich DeVos
- Frank Kelleher, International Speedway Corporation; Representing Lesa Kennedy
- Patrick W. Lawlor, Lawlor | Zigler & Galaxy Sports Advisors
- Sean McCaffrey, Florida Panthers Hockey Club; Representing Vincent Viola
- Rick Nafe, Tampa Bay Rays; Representing Stuart Sternberg
- Megha Parekh, Jacksonville Jaguars; Representing Shahid Khan
- Jack Peter, World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum
- Caleb Quaid, Tampa Bay Buccaneers At-Large; Representing Joel Glazer
- Kay Rawlins, Orlando City Soccer Club; Representing Flavio Augusto da Silva
- Bill Wickett, Tampa Bay Lightning; Representing Jeffrey Vinik
“Leadership, experience, and commitment from our board continues to guide the Foundation’s mission and vision,” stated FSF President & CEO Angela A. Suggs. “I’m very excited to welcome our newest board members to their seats and look forward to working with the 16 returning members to grow the impact of sports here in our great state.”
About the Florida Sports Foundation
Florida’s Sports Industry creates over $57.4 billion in economic impact for the Sunshine State, provides over 580,000 jobs for its citizens, and attracts over 16 million out of state visitors each year. All of which deservingly make Florida the “Sports Capital of the World”. The Florida Sports Foundation, Inc. is a 501(C) 3 non-profit corporation, serving as the Sports Industry Development Division of Enterprise Florida, Inc. The mission of the Florida Sports Foundation is to:
- Assist Florida’s communities with securing, hosting and retaining Sporting events and sports related business that generate significant economic impact and Sports Tourism for the state of Florida through the Foundation’s grant programs, legislative initiatives and Industry Partner service, recognition and development.
- Provide the citizens of Florida with participation opportunities in the Sunshine State Games and Florida Senior Games events.
- Serve as Florida’s leading resource for Sport Tourism research and facts.
- Assist in the promotion of targeted leisure sports industries in Florida.
- Assist National and Florida State Governing Bodies to promote amateur sport development through the Sunshine State Games and hosting events in Florida.